Today’s card is being featured on Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration. The challenge was to create a card using our favorite paper from the Occasions Catalog. I don’t usually gravitate to the soft feminine patterns, but I completely fell for the Falling in Love DSP! I decided to repeat the butterflies in the paper by die cutting a large butterfly in coordinately colors. The floral pattern paper is hands-down my favorite pattern from the pack and had to include it on the card. To finish the card, I added a sentiment and and shimmer and shine (Wink of Stella and pearls).
Detail of the Wink of Stella on the butterfly
- Stamps: Blooms & Wishes
- Inks: Rich Razzleberry
- Cardstock: Falling in Love DSP; Sweet Sugarplum; Blushing Bride
- Accessories: Pearls
- Tools: Lots of Labels Framelits; Bold Butterfly Thinlits; Wink of Stella
Today’s card is being featured on Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration. The challenge was to create a $50 bundle and card. For my bundle, I used the following products:
- Dragonfly Dreams Bundle $46.75
- Wink of Stella $8
- Total: $54.75
- SAB Product: Designer Tee Stamp Set
Using the products listed above and some cardstock and ink, I created this fun dragonfly card. The dragonfly itself is two layers. The bottom layer is the sold dragonfly image stamped using the baby wipe technique to create a fun tie-dye feel. the top layer is the detailed dragonfly die cut from vellum. I also added a layer of Wink of Stella on the vellum to give a bit of sparkle and shine. Finally I topped my dragonfly with a few rhinestones.
Detail of Wink of Stella and rhinestones:
- Stamps: Dragonfly Dreams; Designer Tee
- Inks: Flirty Flamingo; Old Olive; Tip Top Taupe
- Cardstock: Flirty Flamingo; Old Olive; Whisper White; Vellum
- Accessories: Rhinestones
- Tools: Detailed Dragonfly Framelitsl Wink of Stella
Today’s card is being featured on Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration. The challenge was to create a card using one of the new Sale-a-Bration stamp sets. For my preorder, I knew I had to have the Designer Tee Stamp Set. It has the absolute cutest sayings and stamps. My favorite is the cute little affirmation train. This would be the perfect card for kids or adults alike. I went a little crazy layering some fun DSP from three different packs. As a finishing touch, I colored the clouds with Wink of Stella. You can’t see from the picture, but I guarantee the shine comes through in person.
- Stamps: Designer Tee
- Inks: Mint Macaron
- Cardstock: Carried Away DSP; A Little Foxy DSP; 2015-2017 In Color DSP; Peekaboo Peach; Whisper White
- Accessories: Peekaboo Peach Ribbon; Wink of Stella
- Tools: Circles Layering Framelits; Stitched Shapes Framelits
How a bit a repeating reindeer for today? In October, I made a similar card with a repeating scarecrow. Of course I had to try it with the cute reindeer. I even made him Rudolph complete with his red nose! You can’t tell from the picture, but the red stripes were colored with Wink of Stella to give them a bit of shine.
- Stamps: Cookie Cutter Christmas
- Inks: Early Espresso; Real Red
- Cardstock: Candy Cane Lane DSP; Crumb Cake; Early Espresso; Very Vanilla
- Accessories: Real Red Metallic Thread; Real Red Ribbon; Wink of Stella
- Tools: Cookie Cutter Punch
Here I go with another card featuring the Sheltering Tree stamp set! Today, I kept the stamped snow, but felt the tree was too bare. So I punched out a few red hearts. Finally I added a little shine by coloring the hearts with Wink of Stella. Such a simple cute card.
Closeup of shiny hearts.
- Stamps: Sheltering Tree
- Inks: Early Espresso; Craft White
- Cardstock: Real Red; Crumb Cake
- Accessories: Wink of Stella
- Tools: Heart Punch
Today’s card is being featured on Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration. The challenge was to create a card using the new Jar of Love Bundle. This is such a cute bundle! It was love at first sight for me! The bundle includes the Jar of Love Stamp set and the Everyday Jars Framelits. So many pieces!
For my card, I decided to choose on jar and make a simple image. I heat embossed this cute mason jar and sentiment with white embossing powder. I love the contrast with the smoky slate cardstock. I then stamped and die cut the greenery and flowers. After embellishment my blossoms with some Wink of Stella (see detail pic below), I went about picking some patterned paper to go with it. Have I mentioned how much I love the 2016-2018 In Color Envelope Paper? It’s so great for layering on cards! I chose to repeat the Flirty Flamingo and Emerald Envy from the flowers. The card was still missing something until I added a couple of White Accents. Perfect!
Detail of the embossing and Wink of Stella…
- Stamps: Jar of Love
- Inks: Flirty Flamingo; Emerald Envy
- Cardstock: 2016-2018 In Color Envelope Paper; Smoky Slate; Whisper white
- Accessories: White Accents
- Tools: Everyday Jars Framelits; White Embossing Powder; Wink of Stella
Today’s card is being featured on Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration. The challenge was to create a card and then “step it up.” I started with a very simple but cute birthday card. I love the versatility of the Build a Birthday stamp set.
I took the simple card and added lots of embellishments! First I changed the paper to include a fun pattern. A trick: this paper is from the 2016-2018 In Color Envelope Paper pack. The paper is a lot thinner than our regular DSP, but it makes for great layering pieces! I also added pearls, dazzling details, a piece of ribbon, and Wink of Stella. Definitely a stepped up version of the card!
Detail of the embellishments…
- Stamps: Build a Birthday
- Inks: Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry, Mint Macaron, Blushing Bride, Sweet Sugarplum
- Cardstock: 2016-2018 In Color Envelope Paper; Rich Razzleberry; Sweet Sugarplum; Whisper White
- Accessories: Pearls, Silver Sparkle Dazzling Details, Sweet Sugarplum Ruched Ribbon
- Tools: Wink of Stella
Today’s card is being featured on Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration. The challenge was to create a card using embossing folders. The Decorative Dots folder is my absolute favorite, so of course I had to make a card using that one! I just started layering on the flower parts to build up the card. As a last touch, I added some rhinestones to the middle of the flowers and coated the Calypso Coral flowers with Wink of Stella (hard to see in the pic).
- Cardstock: Calypso Coral; Chocolate Chip; Old Olive
- Accessories: Rhinestones; Doilies
- Tools: Botanical Builder Framelits; Wink of Stella
Today’s card is being featured on Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration. The challenge was to create a card using the picture below as inspiration.
I decided to play off the window image and the color palette and create a masculine card. I picked a few pattern papers from the Going Places Stack as my visual base. I then made a window to create the image. Finally I added a sentiment and my favorite part: Wink of Stella “snowflakes.”
- Stamps: Happy Happenings
- Inks: Basic Black
- Cardstock: Going Places DSP; Very Vanilla; Basic Black
- Tools: Ovals Framelits; Clear Wink of Stella
Today’s card is being featured on Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration. The challenge was to create a card using the sketch below.
Funny thing is that I don’t have the Hearts Framelits. And I don’t really have any desire to buy them. I’m just not hugely into hearts, but I do love butterflies. So I decided to make a card using the sketch but substituting the butterfly for the heart pictured. Overall, I kept my card very monochromatic. I love playing with the watercolor wings stamp set to create different color combos. This card features the combination of Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, and Watermelon Wonder. Once I layered on the main pieces, I decided the card needed to be finished with some bling. I added a Botanical Garden Jewel and a bit of clear Wink of Stella. Just my kind of card.
I used this card for our February stamp club but gave my participants the choice of four of the 2015-2017 In Colors. Below are the butterflies I made as examples.
- Stamps: Watercolor Wings; Happy Happenings
- Inks: Blushing Bride; Calypso Coral; Watermelon Wonder; Early Espresso
- Cardstock: 2015-2017 In Color DSP; Watermelon Wonder; Whisper White
- Accessories: Botanical Gardens Jewel; Doilies
- Tools: Bold Butterfly Framelits; Clear Wink of Stella