Welcome to the Stylin’ Stampin’ INKspiration blog hop! This month we are creating cards with the theme of “Love is in the Air.” As you hop along, please be sure to comment and show some love on every blog! We are always excited to hear from our followers! You should have just left stop number 2 on the Stylin’ Stampin’ INKspiration Blog Hop – Cathy @ Maine Mountain Stamper. If so, you are in the right spot. If a link doesn’t work or you get off track, you will find the full blog hop lineup below.
I decided to feature a simple love card featuring the beautifully simple Sending Love DSP. I’m not huge on Valentine’s Day cards and all the red and pink, so I tend to go pretty simple wth my cards. For today’s card, I focused on the heart shape and our Sending Love DSP. No extras embellishments or layers. I love how simple the cards is. One of my favorites.
Another fun heart card. Once I got started, I couldn’t stop myself from making another card…
- Stamps: Happy Happenings; Love and Affection
- Inks: Real Red
- Cardstock: Sending Love; Real Red; Basic Black; Whisper White
- Tools: Sweetheart Punch; Wink of Stella
Popped into Michael’s to get the Color Story pack for my memory planner. The Valentine’s Day stuff was all 40% and I had an extra 25% off everything coupon. I couldn’t resist this gorgeous washi tape and stickers. And I grabbed one more pack of white cardstock.
Today’s card is being featured on Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration. The challenge was to create a card using the picture below as inspiration.
I decided to take the colors I saw and make a fun Valentine card. I started by pulling some fun paper: Festive Birthday DSP (for Melon Mambo color), Blushing Bride, and Gold Foil. From there I punched out a ton of hearts and even colored the Blushing Bride with Wink of Stella Clear to give some extra shine. I then created some “strings” on which to hang the hearts. I finished the card with a simple big sentiment.
- Stamps: Friendly Wishes
- Inks: Melon Mambo
- Cardstock: Festive Birthday DSP; Melon Mambo; Blushing Bride; Gold Foil; Basic Black; Whisper White
- Accessories: Wink of Stella Clear; Black marker
- Tools: Baker’s Box Thinlits (heart shape)
Welcome to the Fun n’ Crafty Blog Hop for February. The blog hop has been on hiatus for the holidays, but we’re back this month to share some great cards. February we will be showcasing project ideas with a Love theme.
I took the Love theme very literally and decide to make my own background paper using “Love” from Snuggles and Smooches. I wanted a good Valentine’s themed stamp set, but wasn’t sold on You Plus Me from the Occasions catalog. But I love Snuggles and Smooches. It is so adorable. I also used the random squiggle to add more dimension to my homemade background paper. Some nice DSP from the Stacked with Love DSP stack, washi tape, and punched out hearts add those little extra touches.
Full product list:
- Stamps: Snuggles and Smooches
- Inks: Calypso Coral; Real Red; Crisp Cantaloupe; Basic Black
- Cardstock: Real Red; Stack with Love DSP; Whisper White
- Accessories: Stacked with Love wash tape
- Tools: 2 in circle punch; mini heart punch
Pam W. of Stinky Tofu
Jennifer B. of Northwest Stamper
Stacey L. of A Work of Carte
Tobe B. of The Craft Sea
Susan S. of Stampin’ By The San Francisco Bay
Originally Published on April 19, 2014
This past week I’ve been working on two crafting projects. Here’s a look at them.
Valentine’s Day/Love and Mother’s Day OSW sets:
I grabbed this sketch from InkyPinkies and went to town cutting two 12×12 DSP sheets. Once I got them cut, I started pairing pieces to card bases. Unfortunately, I realized that the pieces cut would not make 12 complete cards. I would have to add other DSP pieces or something else. Obviously if you look at her examples, she used other paper pieces to complete the cards. Oh well. I just combined the paper to make 8 cards for each set. Then, I cut some more DSP from full sheets to add layers and embellishments to make 12 cards for each set. After making one complete set, I talked to my mom who requested I send a batch of Mother’s Day cards for the shop. So I actually made two Love sets and two Mother’s Day sets. Crazy crazy… but they do look great.
Valentine’s Day/Love Set:
- Stamps: Retired SU stamp (sentiment), Perfect Pennants (heart)
- Inks: Primrose Petals, Riding Hood Red
- Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Smoky Slate, Twitterpated DSP
- Accessories: Heart washi tape
- Tools: Swiss Dot Embossing Folder, 1 1/4″ circle punch, Petite Petals punch
Mother’s Day Set:
- Stamps: Random Mother’s Day stamp
- Inks: Riding Hood Red, Island Indigo, Basic Gray
- Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Smoky Slate, Twitterpated DSP
- Tools: Embossing Folder