I love participating in new catalog swaps. This time, I swapped with my lineage demos and the SSINK Design Team. Here are all the pretties:
Cheryl Hamilton @ Create with Cheryl
Darcy Johnson @ Dj’s Stampin’ Place
Jennifer Gregorsky @ Jenny G Paper Crafts
Diana Eichfeld @ Stampin’ Fun with DianaChristine Szekeres
Jennifer Blomquist @ Northwest Stamper
Today’s card is being featured on Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration. The challenge was to create a fall themed card. Since I played with the vampire, skeleton, and mummy images on another card, I thought I would dedicate this card to the cute scarecrow. I made my own patterned paper by repeatedly stamping the scarecrow in Soft Suede. From there, I stamped a separate scarecrow and had fun coloring him in with makers. I finished the card with a die cut sentiment and some washi tape.
- Stamps: Cookie Cutter Halloween; Kinda Eclectic
- Inks: Soft Suede; Night of Navy; Real Red; Old Olive; Delightful Dijon; Plum Perfect
- Cardstock: Delightful Dijon; Old Olive; Perfect Plum; Crumb Cake; Very Vanilla
- Accessories: Halloween Night Washi Tape
- Tools: Cookie Cutter Punch; Oval Framelits
Baby Q arrived yesterday and I’m still in the hospital. I have a variety of SSINK cross-posted projects all lined up for the month of October, but the rest of my posts will be infrequent for awhile. And I’m sure you’ll be seeing some pics of the new baby soon.
Today’s card is being featured on Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration. The challenge was to create a card using the technique below.
The love the simplicity of faux tiled cards. For mine, I pulled a piece of Affectionately Yours DSP to play off of. From there, I pulled some ink colors (Night of Navy, Cucumber Crush, and Daffodil Delight) and a stamp set that would go (Kinda Eclectic). For this card, I scored every 1″, but you can pick a different scoring amount. After scoring, I stamped and hoped some of the tiled effect would show. You can see it the best on the middle navy butterfly. After stamping, I finished my card with a strip of washi tape and a die cut sentiment.
- Stamps: Kinda Eclectic; Happy Happenings
- Inks: Night of Navy; Cucumber Crush; Daffodil Delight
- Cardstock: Affectionately Yours DSP; Very Vanilla; Daffodil Delight; Night of Navy
- Accessories: Affectionately Yours Washi Tape
- Tools: Lots of Labels Framelits
September’s stamp club ordered arrived! I can finish out my October cards and get started on my Christmas cards. I snagged:
- Wrapped in Warmth Stamp Set
- Wonderful Year Stamp Set
- Good Vibes PL Card Set
- Hello December 2016 PL Card Set
- Metallic Thread Combo Pack
- Real Red Glitter Embossing Powder
- Presents and Pinecones Washi tape
Today’s card is being featured on Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration. The challenge was to create a card using my favorite Holiday Catalog accessory. I was immediately drawn to the Petals and Paisleys Suite in the catalog. I’m not a huge ribbon fan, but I had to buy the coordinating Ribbon Trio Pack featuring Mint Macaron, Rich Razzleberry, and Delightful Dijon spools.
I’ve been using these spools of ribbon for a ton of projects and I’m still not sick of them! For this card, I decided to featuring a small strip of Mint Macaron ribbon to “hold” my die cuts in place. I love the pattern mixing and colors of this card!
- Stamps: Jar of Love; Paisleys and Posies
- Inks: Rich Razzleberry; Mint Macaron
- Cardstock: Petals and Paisleys DSP; Copper Foil; Rich Razzleberry; Mint Macaron; Delightful Dijon
- Accessories: Mint Macaron Robbon
- Tools: Paisley Framelits; Lots of Labels Framelits
Working on some Halloween themed cards today. You can spy a just finished one at the bottom of the photo.
Today’s card is being featured on Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration. The challenge was to create a tree card. The Sheltering Tree stamp set has so many different uses! For this card, I decided to leave my tree bare and make it a Halloween tree. A bit of washi (with silver foil) adds a bit of fun and dimension to the background. And of course I had to add a pumpkin somewhere. Here the pumpkin becomes my sun.
- Stamps: Sheltering Tree; My Hero; Labeler Alphabet
- Inks: Perfect Plum; Pumpkin Pie; Basic Black
- Cardstock: Basic Black; Basic Gray; Whisper White
- Accessories: Halloween Night Washi Tape
- Tools: 1 3/8″ Circle Punch
Watching: J and finished Turn S2 last night and it was amazing! We finally get an appearance by Alexander Hamilton. Benedict Arnold’s treachery is revealed. Captain Simcoe gets a bit of comeuppance. And we see the eventually meeting of Andre and Talmudge. It was so good! Now we’re wondering if they are going to make a third season. If they do, I imagine we would be focusing on the run-up to Yorktown. I’d be okay with that.
Reading: Voyager by Diana Gabaldon. I finally dove into the third in the Outlander series. About 300 pages in and I’m liking it more than Dragonfly in Amber.
Listening: Loving the Nina Simone Pandora channel lately.
Making: Finishing up a load of freezer meals just ahead of having this baby!
Feeling: I’m 39 weeks tomorrow and feeling it. Tired and super sore all the time.
Planning: Quentin arrives in less than week and I’m trying to tie up the little loose ends before he comes.
Loving: After a cool down, the temperatures were back in the high 80s this past weekend and few days. Not excited about the heat, but it has allowed Arthur and I to visit the pool a few more times before the baby comes. As an added bonus, swimming relieves some of the pressure I’m feeling.
Today’s card is being featured on Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration. The challenge was to create a card using the inspiration picture:
I decided to play off of the fun bright colors featured in the picture. I pulled out some bright DSP from the Festive Birthday pack and started matching it up. From there, I grabbed the coordinating ink colors to compliment the paper. These candles from the Build a Birthday stamp set were a perfect choice! The stark white background felt a little too plain so I added some circles from the Playful Backgrounds set. I finished off my card with simple sentiment.
- Stamps: Playful Backgrounds; Build a Birthday; Happy Happenings
- Inks: Daffodil Delight; Pumpkin Pie; Emerald Envy; Melon Mambo
- Cardstock: Festive Birthday DSP; Emerald Envy; Whisper White