Stopped in at Michael’s to grab some white paper and snail. Didn’t realize there were so many good sales going on. I ended up buying all this stuff… Grabbed a big Recollections planner. It’s really plain on the inside and perfect to use as my personal memory book for 2017. I’m still formulating what I’m actually going to do, but once I figure it out and start, I’ll be sharing it on here. I did buy what I went in for: black paper, white paper, watercolor paper, and snail.
I also snatched up a ton of Christmas embellishments for the upcoming holiday albums. I couldn’t resist the 60% off flash sale.
Another planner sticker haul came in the mail. This time from Brianna Nicole Designz on Etsy.
Here I go with another card featuring the Sheltering Tree stamp set! Today, I kept the stamped snow, but felt the tree was too bare. So I punched out a few red hearts. Finally I added a little shine by coloring the hearts with Wink of Stella. Such a simple cute card.
Closeup of shiny hearts.
- Stamps: Sheltering Tree
- Inks: Early Espresso; Craft White
- Cardstock: Real Red; Crumb Cake
- Accessories: Wink of Stella
- Tools: Heart Punch
Today’s card is being featured on Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration. The challenge was to create a card using one of our tree stamps. I decided to highlight the very versatile Sheltering Tree stamp.
In fact, I have a few Sheltering Tree cards coming this month. I loved taking the bare tree, stamping some “snow”, and then adding texture and shine to the card.
- Stamps: Sheltering Tree; Labeler Alphabet
- Inks: Soft Sky; Night of Navy; Early Espresso
- Cardstock: Soft Sky; Night of Navy; Whisper White
- Accessories: Metallic Foil Doilies; Silver and White Twine (nonSU)
- Tools: Softly Falling Embossing Folder
- Send out Christmas cards — I’ve got the cards pulled, just need to address and send them out now.
- Send out customer thank you cards — Another set I’ve got pulled. Need to address and send them out.
- Make shoebox swap cards — These cards got put on the back burner last month. My events are Dec. 7th and 10th. Clearly I need to do this now!
- Plan and make swap cards for FNC and Alaska Bound groups — The swaps are to feature Occasions Catalog products. I need to actually place my order before I decide what I’m going to do.
- October and November PL spreads — Would like to finish these before going to Indiana…
- Make 3 Holiday Albums — Yearly Christmas gifts
- Finish 30 Days of Lists — Love this little challenge
A recap of last month’s goals:
- Think about participating in a new mail class idea — Thought about it, decided to put it on the back burner for right now. Instead, I am going to focus on classes and events.
- Post about my upcoming stamp club on Meetup, FB, and blog — Success! But this is a reminder for me to post again.
- October PL — Fail. Just never got around to this project in November. Maybe before I leave for Indiana on the 13th.
- Plan and prep a shoebox swap — Fail. On my task list for this week.
- Get December’s design team cards started (and possibly done) — Success! I’ve finished almost all of my December design team cards before December even started. Only a few more left to do.
- Redo my SU wish list — Success!
Today’s card is being featured on Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration. The challenge was to create a tag. I made this cute little reindeer out of the Foxy Friends stamp set. I really need to play with the set and make some different animals.
- Stamps: Foxy Friends; Jar of Love
- Inks: Cherry Cobbler; Crumb Cake; Chocolate Chip
- Cardstock: Wrapped in Warmth DSP; Garden Green; Whisper White
- Accessories: Rhinestones
- Tools: Scallop Tag Topper Punch; Lots of Labels Framelits; Oval Framelits
For my Christmas card buffet, I created a mix of current SU product cards and supplies from my stash. This card is one of my fun simple cards. I love the look of an abstract Christmas tree utilizing all those great patterned paper scraps. The best part is that this card looks different every time you make it. I can’t wait to see what all the ladies create!
- Stamps: Cheers to You (retired)
- Inks: Garden Green; Real Red
- Cardstock: Garden Green; Kraft; Scraps
- Tools: Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder (retired); Star Punch (retired)
Today’s card is being featured on Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration. The challenge was to create a card using the technique below.
I love using the baby wipe technique to add another layer of visual interest to my cards. For this one, I had fun experimenting with Totally Trees. I love how my row of multicolored trees came out! Instead of autumn colors, I decided to play with traditional Christmas colors. Very festive! I wanted the trees to be the focal point of the card, so I added a simple sentiment and few layers. At first I had the green cardstock squared up with the white, but on a whim I angle the green cardstock. And surprise, surprise, I loved it slightly askew!
- Stamps: Totally Trees; Wonderful Year
- Inks: Garden Green; Cherry Cobbler; Old Olive; Early Espresso
- Cardstock: Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate; Garden Green; Real Red
This is the last of the planner stickers I purchased in my whirlwind of shopping for October and November. These are from Fabulously Planned on Etsy. I love the different color combo week sets. But my favorite is the Alice in Wonderland set (right side). So cute! I can’t wait to use them to decorate my 2017 Happy Planner.
Today’s card is being featured on Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration. The challenge was to create a card using our favorite accessories from the Holiday Catalog. Anyone who knows me, knows I love washi tape! It’s always on my ordering list for each new catalog. I couldn’t resist the super fun and festive Pinecones and Presents Washi Tape set.
For my card, I decided to highlight this great accessory without a lot of extra supplies.After adding the sentiment and punched out reindeer, the card was missing that last touch. Thank goodness I had some enamel shapes that matched the color scheme. Perfect!
- Stamps: Cookie Cutter Christmas
- Inks: Cherry Cobbler; Early Espresso
- Cardstock: Emerald Envy; Mint Macaron
- Accessories: Presents and Pinecones Washi Tape; 2016-2018 In Color Enamel Shapes
- Tools: Cookie Cutter Punch
Today’s card is being featured on Stylin’ Stampin’ Inkspiration. The challenge was to create a Thanksgiving or Thank You Card. I don’t usually make Thanksgiving cards, but I do make my fair share of thank you cards. For this one, I decided to play up the gorgeous Petals and Paisleys DSP and keep the rest of the card simple. The little something extra is the die cut copper leaves. I just love how they shine. Cute and simple card for today.
Detail of the beautiful Copper Foil Paper leaves.
- Stamps: Kinda Eclectic
- Inks: Night of Navy
- Cardstock: Petals and Paisleys DSP; Mint Macaron; Night of Navy; Very Vanilla
- Tools: Paisley Framelits